So, you're getting married. Congratulations! As you start planning all the details of your big day, you may wonder whether to shave or not. It's a valid question with no easy answer. To help you make a decision, let's consider the pros and cons of shaving your beard for your wedding day.
The Pros of Shaving Your Beard
- You'll look more like the typical idea of a groom, which could make your bride feel more comfortable on her big day.
- A shaving session will give you a chance to exfoliate and remove any dead skin cells that might be hidden underneath so you can feel your best.
- You may not be aware, but a clean-shaven face is easier to photograph than a beard, which can sometimes cast shadows.
- Naturally, you'll avoid the dreaded beard itch that can happen when sweat and nerves mix on your wedding day.
The Cons of Shaving Your Beard
- If you've been growing your beard for a while, your bride may have fallen in love with it and would be upset to see it go.
- Infrequent shaving can irritate the skin. The last thing you want on your wedding day is razor burn.
- Your beard may help you feel more confident on the big day by disguising anything about your face that you might be self-conscious about.
- It might be a shock for your guests if you've been growing a beard for a long time. This could result in a distraction from the big event and, of course, your bride.
Ultimately, the decision comes down to what will make you and your bride feel most comfortable on your big day.
Whichever wedding plans you choose, don’t forget the finishing touches – like a carbon fiber ring from E6 Rings. With us, you can pick a wedding ring that is as strong as your relationship. So, go ahead and take the plunge – with or without facial hair – we’ve got you covered.